The nominations for this years Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and the British Academy Television Craft Awards have now been announced, and we are delighted to see some of our top rated TV shows make the list for this years awards. From Responsible Child and The Derry Girls to Sex Education and Race Across the World. This years nominations once again highlight the outstanding contribution British TV makes to cultural life both here in the UK and abroad. From gripping drama to laugh out loud comedy and engaging entertainment.
Despite the current turmoil of COVID 19 and its devastating effect on TV and film production, the BAFTAs offer us the opportunity to celebrate the work of artists, actors, directors and production companies. All of whom continue to bring us stories that challenge, reflect and embrace the diversity of UK talent and skills.
The Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards ceremony will be held on Friday 31 July and aired on BBC One. With the British Academy Television Craft Awards taking place online on Friday 17 July.
The highlights from today’s Television and Television Craft nominations are:
- 14 nominations for Chernobyl
- Seven nominations for The Crown
- Six nominations for Fleabag and Giri/Haji
- Five nominations for His Dark Materials and The Virtues
- Four nominations for Killing Eve, Sex Education and Top Boy
The nominations for the public-voted Virgin Media Must-See Moment are:
- Coronation Street: Sinead passes away
- Fleabag: Confessional scene
- Game of Thrones: Arya kills the Night King
- Gavin and Stacey: Nessa proposes to Smithy
- Line of Duty: John Corbett’s Death
- Love Island: Michael moves on from Amber